Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Warmth On A Cold Day

Remember when you were thirteen and your Mom was an idiot? Well, now I'm that Mom. And while I embrace my idiocy with open arms like paying for fast food with a baggy full of quarters or singing Disney songs at the top of my lungs in the house, car and perhaps it's even escaped my lips in a store or two; I still want to believe I'm a pretty cool Mom.

Now sure, being the Mother of a newly turned thirteen year old, definitely has its share of battle scars from wars fought over the normal (and sometimes not so normal) teenage struggles. But this morning as my daughter exited the car with fellow students swarming around her, she called out loudly, "I love you, Mom." The door slammed shut as she strolled off to the school building. And although it was crazy cold at 7:34a.m., I suddenly felt warm--and fuzzy.

2 comments:

Bttrfly1976 said...

Yeah, I would have been all warm and fuzzy too. You must have been doing something right all these years for her not only to say that, but to say it in front of all of her friends....at 13. Good Job!!

SuperMom said...

THAT makes for sunshine, for sure :-)

And for what it's worth, I think you're crazy cool.