Monday, December 11, 2006

The Forest

I am reading a book right now (well, one of many) called, The Forest for the Trees, about writers and the struggles of writing from an editor's viewpoint. While I have only been published one measly time in a small publication, I still consider myself a writer. I figure if you write, then you're a writer. Writing is a passion of mine and though I don't necessarily keep up with writing this blog (hee-hee), I have a very thick file in my word processor of articles, chapters, poems, thoughts, greeting card ideas, outlines and the like.

When I first started reading said book, I felt as if the author could see into my soul. It was freaky. Here are some of my favorite lines from the book:


I know a lot of writers who beat themselves up on a regular basis, either for not writing or for not writing well enough.

The natural writer is the one who is always writing, if only in his head--sizing up a situation for material, collecting impressions. James Thurber confessed, "I never quite know when I'm not writing. Sometimes my wife comes up to me at a party and says, 'Dammit, Thurber, stop writing.' She usually catches me in the middle of a paragraph.

Writers love to worry. By their very nature they are neurotic.


See people? I have an excuse. ;)

6 comments:

Bttrfly1976 said...

Yea!! We have an excuse. I will make that be my reason for my brain never shutting up. :)

heartsjoy said...

LOL, how is it that I am drawn to you neurotic people! :) You are little inspirations I suppose! :) I must admit I enjoy reading your writings and hearing all the insights. So, I will enjoy what you have been blessed with! ;)

zephyrsbound said...

I love it!!! I always knew there was a reason we were friends.

LiteratureLover said...

:)

Bttrfly1976 said...

I know there is something going on in Oklahoma worth writing about. :)

LiteratureLover said...

I have heard and I have written. :)