Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Party

There are those who seemingly host parties with their hands behind their back.

Then there's me.

I am not one of those organized, house-always-clean kind of women. So when it comes to parties, I end up needing to clean a little bit more than a normal person. You know the famous dash and stash? Not to mention the other things like: vacuum the mounting dog hair, put away piles of trash--ur, I mean--artwork, clear the clutter, re-organize the kids rooms and my favorite, move furniture!

Move furniture? You ask. Yes. I say. Because graphing out where the furniture should go and moving it is much more fun than actually cleaning. Can anyone say, procrastination?

The trouble with procrastination is that it puts you on a needless frantic schedule to get everything done which can often lead to your head popping off. Or at least feeling as though it could. Translation: Migraine.

The funny thing is that as much as it takes for someone as unorganized as me to put on a party, it is well worth the time. I love the sound of the slow rise of voices as more and more friends enter the room. We had about 45 people in our home (including the kiddos) tettering soup and goodies on their laps talking and laughing.
And the great side effect is that my house will be clean for Christmas.

Well, mostly clean. ;)

8 comments:

Bttrfly1976 said...

I totally get you on the needlessly frantic pace there at the end. We have our families Christmas at my house on Christmas Eve and I am so waiting until Sunday after church to get things ready. Ever the little procrastinator. But at least I know I procrastinate and you know what they say....knowing is half the battle!! ;)

heartsjoy said...

Sis,
You little cutie you! I'm so glad it all turned out so well and now you have a sparkling home. I can also very much relate to procrastination, if it just didn't turn into those stressful headaches! :)

Bttfly - you do know Sunday IS Christmas Eve right?

Bttrfly1976 said...

lol, they won't be here until 4:30. That gives me three and a half hours! ;)

Kyle said...

Oh please...

I've been in your home dozens and dozens of times. Every time its perfectly clean, everything organized, sweet music in the background and the kids are either cooking meals for the homeless or sitting down translating Scripture from the original greek.

LiteratureLover said...

Oh, is that unusual?

P.S. You forgot to mention that they know four languages and are founders of the Jesus Club.

Bttrfly1976 said...

so, how was the party? Did you have a Happy New Year? Are you still alive? Just checking.

LiteratureLover said...

I'm still here. :) I'll try to get something posted soon!

Bttrfly1976 said...

Hooray!!!