Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Year!

Happy New Year!

I know I'm a little late, but better late than never, right? :) So, New Year's resolutions? Yes, I have them. I'm not sure if that's good or not since they are usually so difficult to keep. However, I love the fresh start. There is something about a new beginning that always gives me hope. The first day of every month, and the first day of every week are always inspiring. It's not that I'm an optimist but I just need a lot of re-starts. L

New Year Resolution #1 - this year taking care of others includes taking care of me. I know that sounds selfish. But my reason is that I don't want anyone else getting the joy of raising my children. I want to be around for a long time. So, the first part of this is making appointments for physicals. Second is to walk (which I've actually been doing, even though it is only in small increments). Third, watch what I eat. I'm beginning to see different ways that food affects me negatively so I'm trying to be careful with the sugar and caffine.

New Year Resolution #2 - Write often. I'm talking about articles or stories.

New Year Resolution #3 - Send the articles off! This seems logical but is so hard to do. They never seem ready enough. So I'm going to give myself a certain amount of revisions, stop there and send it.

New Year Resolution #4 - Make fun time with my children a part of every day. By this I mean purposeful time. We have fun throughout the day but they long for me to just play with them and often I feel I'm too busy. So I'm trying to schedule a play time with each of them, even if it's short. I'm realizing that life is short. My oldest is turning 12 in a few days and it's gone so fast! I don't want to look back with regret on not spending enough one-on-one with them.

New Year Resolution #5 - Lose weight. I know that sounds so predictable. However, I have a marker birthday this year and I want to give myself a new body.

So, how's that for setting myself up? :)

5 comments:

Bttrfly1976 said...

Wow, you're brave. Or at the least, very hopeful. Perhaps you can not look at it as setting yourself up. Perhaps you can see them as suggestions rather than resolutions. Things you would really like to do, but that you won't beat yourself up for if it doesn't all happen as you hope it will.

I'm so good at being optimistic for other people. :)

zephyrsbound said...

Okay over-achiever...my only resolution is to not drink coffee...at school that is. My first two days were fine without it but my students weren't so sure, especially when I had a headache most of yesterday. One student told me I needed to get addicted to water.

thebarefootpoet said...

I'm inspired! You can do this! I think it's a faithful choice to really go after the changes you need to make in your life to be who you believe God wants you to be!

Bttrfly1976 said...

Don't freeze to death this weekend!!

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

I'm pulling for you, LL! I'm catching up on your posts, and I have to say that the grace that pours through them is a sweet blessing.

Have a productive, successful, skinny New Year!