Thursday, October 11, 2007

So Much

Wow, I'm not sure how to update this long-forgotten blog. I guess I'll try to give the cliff notes version.

Moved in with Mother-in-law because she was too ill to care for herself. Realized I couldn't homeschool and care for her, so we put our kids in school. Completely emotional. Basketcase on many days. We lived there for two months. Began to adjust. Then felt a bit cramped. Five people in two bedrooms. MIL regained some mobility. Not much privacy. This weekend we moved back into our house. Happy sigh. I check in on MIL every day after taking kids to school. The End.

Now we're actually talking about moving close to MIL so I am frantically trying to get rid of stuff and prepare our house for a possible sale. Even thinking of moving is pretty hard at this point because I just got back into my cozy home. But I feel like God is teaching me one, all-important lesson: YOU ARE NOT IN CONTROL!!!

Wish I could get it.

2 comments:

Bttrfly1976 said...

Sounds like things are crazy in your world right now...I would be crawling out of my skin at the lack of 'control' I think. I will be back to write more this evening, just wanted you to know I was here and you were on my mind...off to work.

Bttrfly1976 said...

So, about being back 'this evening,' just kidding. :) But two days later is close, right??

It sounds like mass chaos for you and I am quite sure you don't love that. Have you decided about moving? I wouldn't be thrilled about that either but perhaps you will love your new house even more?!?

How are the kids liking school? I bet that is quite an adjustment for all of you.