Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Revived

Yesterday was a strange day for me. I woke up so dizzy that I kept bumping into walls. The dizziness made me feel ill so I laid back down. I got to feeling better so I got up; then I felt the wave of yuck come over me, so I quickly lay down again. That was pretty much my entire day. I had to do school from my bed. The kids enjoyed doing something different. I kept having bouts of nauseous come over me so I would send them away for awhile while I rested. To keep my sanity, I did the unthinkable; I let them watch movies, watch television and play video games. Gasp! And during the schoolweek. They loved it! To keep myself occupied I read a book, in between dizzy spells, that I'd been aiming to read for awhile. That was my only work of the day; I thoroughly enjoyed it.

This morning I woke up amazingly refreshed. I have no sign of dizziness today. It must have been a weird virus. Strange. Now I find myself wanting to catch up on everything that I didn't get done yesterday, plus some! I'm dying to accomplish anything. L

8 comments:

heartsjoy said...

Sounds like the perfect sick day to me! And school in bed...that sounds very productive! :) Glad you are refreshed and feeling better!

Sarah said...

I don't get allergies very often, but OCCASIONALLY when I do, I won't get anything other than fluid in my ears, which will do precisely what you're describing. An antihistamine helps me on occasion. Just FYI -- and those are the days you thank the Lord for the television!

LiteratureLover said...

I think it must be allergies. I'll have to try an antihistamine.

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

I was going to say the same thing as Sarah. Consider the antihistimine/decongestant combo.

I've had vertigo for almost 4 years now, and most of the time it is manageable. To me, the room is always moving slowly from right to left, but I can accomodate it. I have episodes, however, where I literally cannot stand up and have to commando crawl to get anywhere. I'm telling you, we really should sell tickets to that!

Let's hope your dizziness stays gone!

Bttrfly1976 said...

So, how are you feeling? What did you decide about your hair? What are you discussing in church? How's school? What's going on in your world? Feel free to include anything I might have left out. :)

Bttrfly1976 said...

if i knew how to cry through typing, I would do it. Eagerly awaiting hearing about your world!

LiteratureLover said...

Btttrfly, you poor little thing. This week has been nuts but I've got a post brewing. I do not have time to put it up right now. Maybe I can add something later tonight. You sure know how to make a person feel loved! :)

Bttrfly1976 said...

;) Glad you feel loved, glad you have something brewing! I think I hear the kettle whistling even as I type. Just kidding, no hurry, ok, I'm lying, hurry. No really, no pressure, take your time, or not, if you'd rather. :)