Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Submissions Sent

I mailed two magazine articles today. Eeeeee! I'm actually amazed that I've done it (it only took sixteen years). Now, it will be months before I receive that rejection letter -er, I mean, contract letter. ;) But I am just excited that I've overcome my fear enough to send them off.

My original goal was to send forty manuscripts off before my fortieth birthday. Now I have a new goal (which hopefully isn't too high). I want to send four a week - for ten weeks. This will move me along much more quickly. Perhaps I could even get something PUBLISHED before my birthday, but I shouldn't get ahead of myself...

6 comments:

Bttrfly1976 said...

I'm with them! So very proud. Way to go, I know that took a ton of guts to lay yourself out there like that. I think your new goal is still kinda huge, but I also know you can do it if you set your mind to it. I can't wait till you let me read your stuff.....did you get that hint?

LiteratureLover said...

Thank you guys.

As far as reading them, I would be happy for you to. :) I have another one almost ready to send but I want to fine-tune it one more time (at least!).

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Incredible! Congratulations, and best to you on your new goals. You'll let us know which issue of Popular Mechanics (or Guns & Ammo?) to pick up when your article is printed, right? I mean, of course *I* subscribe to BOTH, so I'll be the first to read it...

;~D.

thebarefootpoet said...

Yes!!! I'm so inspired by both your pursuit of writing and the follow through of submission. I often think I can write, but far too often lack the discipline to follow through. You give me hope!

LiteratureLover said...

Clemntine - yeah, look for it in Car and Driver, or Motortrend. ;) But seriously, if I was so fortunate, I'd let you know the magazine.

Barefoot - thanks. :)

janiners said...

you go girl! I'm so happy that you just finally did it! No matter what the outcome, you faced the fear and submitted those items. I'm praying for you as you continue on this writing journey. Just enjoy the writing and submitting and don't worry about what you have no control over. Easier said than done, I understand. I'm with your dad, you're well on your way.