Thursday, April 19, 2007

Revisions, Revisions, Revisions

She sits at the computer humped over her many words, 127 pages of words to be exact. She burrows her brow in concentration as she attempts to revise more of her screenplay.

OPTIMISTIC ME
I love this scene!

CRITIC ME
This is idiodic!

OPTIMISTIC ME
But we need this scene, otherwise they won't know...

CRITIC ME
Cut it! It's ------!

OPTIMISTIC ME
Well, that one part is a little slow. I'll cut half the scene.

CRITIC ME
Whatever. It's never going anywhere anyway.

OPTIMISTIC ME
It doesn't matter if it goes anywhere; the point is that I'm doing it. It's been fun. Don't be so mean!

CRITIC ME
You call revising fun?

OPTIMISTIC ME
Well, it is work. But it's nice to be on this end of it.

CRITIC ME
Could we get back to work here, my shoulder is aching.

OPTIMISTIC ME
As soon as I finish this post.

CRITIC ME
You're writing a post about this?

OPTIMISTIC ME
Well, yes. It's all I can think of.

CRITIC ME
Lame.

OPTIMISTIC ME
When you have an idea, let me know.

Critic Me is finally silent.


10 comments:

Bttrfly1976 said...

I agree with the optimistic you...don't be so darn mean!! :) That was a great look into your head, I so know the dueling voices. I am so glad you have gotten so far. You are doing a great job! And, I'm glad for what God is teaching you through this, He is full of great surprises, isn't He?!

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Critic You needs a latte and a pedicure!

I've been wondering how it was all going. Thanks for the schizophrenic update.

;~D.

LiteratureLover said...

You guys make me laugh.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Curtain rises with narrator on a stool (stage right) as students are gathered around tables in a class room type setting (Center Stage). Narrator begins. My first year as a writer at Summer Arts we had a discussion about what it's like inside a writers head. I was 12 or 13 and felt so accepted knowing that I was not the only one who had some elaborate tale going through his head fulltime,"as he opened the door to his locker, SUDDENLY!"

Lights fade to black as charectars exits stage.

Keep up the good work, and remember if it was easy it wouldn't be so cool.

LiteratureLover said...

I love it! L It's good to know I'm not the only one with a story constantly running through my head.

heather said...

You know, just that post was totally intriguing, I was sitting on the edge of my seat! I can't wait to read more!

LiteratureLover said...

Laughing. Heather, you crack me up!

heartsjoy said...

LoL, loved the post and the comments.

jesprincess said...

At least you have an optimistic you. Daddyman is my optimistic side. Supermom plays that part sometimes too. Sounds like you're having a great time anyway.