Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Rejection Slip


You might think, by my title, that this is a bad thing. But ironically, my first rejection slip has excited and inspired me. For whatever reason, I feel more like a writer because of it. My first thought was -- NEXT! I pulled out my card to see what my second magazine choice was for this article. I am going to send it off again. AND, I'm going to continue to write.

I am working on a screenplay at the moment. I know, I skip around so much. But, I've wanted to try my hand at this for awhile and I try to write where I'm interested. I figure, why fight it? The experience has been exhillarating, frustrating, exhausting, invigorating and most of all it has pushed me past myself. I made a commitment to write it in 21 days and I'm not stopping myself even if I hate parts of it. There will be time to go back and re-do.

Oddly enough, my weight is slowly going down. I say slowly because it's only 1/2 a pound to 1 pound a week. But I'm just happy that it's going in the down direction. I saw a number this week that I've not seen for five years. I almost cried.

Okay, I'll end my Pollyanna post. But I thought that while I was up, I might as well share my happiness. There will be plenty of dark days ahead, I'm sure. Ask me how it's going ten days into this screenplay. ;)

4 comments:

Bttrfly1976 said...

I'm sorry for the rejection letter, but so proud of your response to it! I imagine I would be quite the opposite. Way to go allowing it to be a catalyst rather than a deterrent. AND losing weight, sounds like you are doing great! You're right, you did sound a little like me, warning us of the downswing that must accompany any upswing. The infamous roller coaster! At any rate, I am glad that you are currently so well!!

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

WTG!! You're rockin' like a hurricane, girlfriend!

Love the news, and can't wait to read you in print, or see your stuff on a screen somewhere.

And, excuse me, but aren't you looking trim these days? 1lb/wk = 52 lbs/year, baby! Keep on!

Take care and keep us posted.

thebarefootpoet said...

So proud of you, on all accounts! Yep, you are a writer, and soon you'll have your pile of "rejects" sitting right next to your pile of "published"! Great job on the weight, it's inspiring to see you succeed.

LiteratureLover said...

bttrfly1976 - I had to laugh about the downswing. Even as I wrote it, I thought, "Why am I putting that disclaimer in here? Just enjoy this moment." You always know how to read me. :)

clemntine - Laughing. You're right! That's encouraging.

thebarefootpoet - thank you. You are a great inspiration.