Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Word

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1

That verse has always puzzled me and quite honestly, I never found much from it to extract. But this weekend I was reading a book that made this part of the Bible really stand out to me. The author talked in depth about God being the Word. In light of how much I love words, I can't believe that it never hit me like it did in that moment. He is creator, author, WORD. I absolutely love that. AND I especially love how everything He created began with a WORD.

He gets me.

I never understood how much.

(I know this sounds totally self-absorbed because many people write and love words, but I can't help it, it feels personal to me in a way it never has before.)

6 comments:

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

What a beautiful gift! Don't you think He smiled when He inspired John, knowing in advance how much it would thrill you?

Bttrfly1976 said...

I think it's supposed to feel personal. I get you and know where you're coming from. I am floored when I have those 'ah ha' moments and realize that this really is all personal. It really is about me.....which as I type, I realize sounds totally self absorbed, but again, I believe He means it to be that personal. He has every hair on our head numbered. He saves our every tear. He has more thoughts toward, about, whatever, us than there are grains of sand on the sea shore. That is mighty personal!

LiteratureLover said...

Thanks. :)

janiners said...

girl, am I with ya! the Creator of Words, Who is The Word - what an incredible thought, huh? as writers, we can always look to Him who not only created words, but created us as well. It's so fun to see you coming to this realization. miss ya and can't wait to get back home in a few more weeks and see what all has been going on. if you get a chance, would you please tell Lindy and Jenny how much I love them and am praying for them and their little one? I am so sorry I am not there right now.

heartsjoy said...

That is so cool. I do think he totally intended his words to be personal to us! Love those open eyes moments.

The Teaching Enthusiast said...

Isn't something to think that it was the "word"...the written word that God chose to use to convey Himself to us. Wow! The power of the written word is something, isn't it? That is my motivation for teaching children and inspiring them to write. I am new to the world of blogging, and have found your blog interesting! Keep writing!