Monday, June 26, 2006

Camp GonnaWannaFLY

Today was our second day in Camp GonnaWannaFLY. Yes, I know it sounds cheesy, but it's working! It's a great idea from Flylady (yes, I'm talking about her again). We are working on our morning routine and evening routine. Everyday that we acheive the routines withOUT reminders, we have something fun we get to do. I talked with my kids on Saturday, we voted on the ideas and we made a list.

Sunday: Arts and Crafts
Monday: Skating Rink
Tuesday: Backwards Day/Sprinkler Park
Wednesday: Library
Thursday: Swimming
Friday: Scavenger Hunt
Saturday: Games

It is working wonders for me and the kids because no one wants to have to sit out on the fun. I'll admit that the skating rink today definitely took me back! At first I was all mothering and making sure Little Mister could skate without killing himself. But after he got the hang of things, I took off to race my girls. It was so much fun! I actually started remembering how it felt to be little and go fast around the rink. That neverending circle of fun! We have Backwards day tomorrow AFTER they have finished all their chores (of course we won't do the "fun" thing before chores are finished). But we WILL have dessert first and then dinner. Walk backwards throughout the day and that sort of fun stuff. ;)

It's been good for me too because I'm actually making time to have fun and not stay busy all day. They enjoy my attention and seem happier to do chores knowing there is a treat on the horizon. As we were driving away from the rink today I heard my eldest daughter say, "Thanks Flylady!" Yeah, thanks Flylady.

8 comments:

Pfingston said...

That sounds good, I'm a fly-baby myself, trying to keep consistant. Did half my things and now I'm sitting down at my computer . . go figure. But what caught my eye at what makes a housewife desparate was your picture for your post and your blog name! I LOVE THAT PAINTING - don't know much about it but I found it at a garage sale and it is hanging in my bedroom. And I love the pose, I too love to read.

LiteratureLover said...

Michelle, this is too ironic. I got that painting at a garage sale too and it hangs in my front room where I can look at it from my reading couch. Thanks for stopping by.

SuperMom said...

Shame. I'm burning with shame.

heartsjoy said...

Way to fly!!! Can we come back over? :)

Bttrfly1976 said...

I love roller skating. It does have a way of taking you back, doesn't it.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

What a good idea. Camp Gonna Wanna Fly. I still don't do Fly lady- but I REALLY like this idea.

joyfuljourney said...

I always find inspiration when I read your blog! By the way, I like to check out your parents' blog from time to time. They are gorgeous!! Your mom hasn't aged at all. Beautiful. Stylish. Even after flying in from BRAZIL, she looked so young and fresh! What a great couple!

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Looks like a fun lineup! Neat (literally) memories for your kiddos.