Thursday, June 01, 2006

Your God Is Too Safe

I am restarting this book again by Mark Buchanan called Your God Is Too Safe. I'm restarting it because I always seem to get about halfway done and I put it away. It scares me or at the least, shakes me. I'm hoping this time that I can get farther or that it will not seem as hard to read.

A blogging friend of mine has been asking heartfelt questions about God and it's inspired me to struggle through my own questions more. Sometimes I get too sidetracked with life to bother looking so deep into my faith or lack thereof. But lately, something is stirring and I hope to make sense of it.

3 comments:

Bttrfly1976 said...

It sounds like a very interesting read. I am going to run to Borders and see if they have it.

joyfuljourney said...

I too am feeling challenged to go deeper. Reading bttrfly1976 I realize how comfortable my life seems, how my answers to some of life's questions seem so "Sunday School". People like S see right through that and I'm glad they do.

I've always described my faith as simple - like a child. That's a good thing. But my maturity should never be simple, juvenile - like a child. It's time to grow up. I don't want to give church answers to life's questions. I want to be authentic, real, relevant and vulnerable!

Bttrfly1976 said...

I got my copy in the mail today. I am so looking forward to delving in.