Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Garage Sale

We are holding a garage sale this weekend for any of you bargain hunters wanting to get a deal. We are doing it with/for some friends. Since I will probably not want to have another one for awhile, we have been in a frenzy to get as much of our stuff in it as possible. So I've been sorting through our house to get rid off anything I do not love. (Not to worry Mom, my special things are safely locked away in my hope chest and the china is staying.)

Then today we had an orthodonist appointment for both my girls. It was just the monthly check-up and they are both doing well. Since I was out already I decided to run by Bibliomania (a resale store for homeschool curriculum) to grab a book that I needed. That store is like the black hole for me because I find myself being sucked in wanting to buy more and more. I went in for one book and came out with two bags. Yes, I know, I DID say I was trying to get rid of stuff.

I guess these books can replace the ones that I'm getting rid of. Hee-hee. No seriously, they were books that I was needing for this year and most of them were off of the half-price racks. Great deals, see?

Then I needed to run to the Dollar Tree to get the price tag stickers for our stuff. To cut down on more temptation, I parked in front and sent my eldest daughter in alone with only enough cash to buy the stickers.

Tonight the girls and I are going to see The Lion King broadway production (someone gave us three free tickets!!). I cannot wait! Oh, and they're excited too. Little Mister is going to have some great one-on-one time with Daddy doing some boyish fun stuff.

Well, I better go. The house isn't getting any emptier while I sit here!

6 comments:

SuperMom said...

Did someone say GARAGE SALE???!!!

I'm jealous you are going to see Lion King!! I'm sure it will be so fun. How is it that you always end up with free tickets to this stuff anyway?

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Hey-- I've got a lot of stuff for you sale. Will you sort and tag it for me??? ;)

Monk-in-Training said...

Where is it going to be?

janiners said...

yeah for garage sales! we'll be having one as soon as we get well settled in to the new place. We need to make room for the truck in the garage!

I'm so glad you and the girls are going to see Lion King! That will be so fun! Girl time!

zephyrsbound said...

Garage Sales rock! What better way to simplify life a little! I always think if I could fit my life into two suitcases for a year, I can surely get rid of a few items here and there for a lifetime.

Bttrfly1976 said...

I am a total bargain shopper....however....I am not sure a garage sale would count as bargain shopping if you had to use the gas to make the four hour drive to get to the sale to begin with. How was the Lion King?