Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Hair

You know that verse that talks about hair being the woman's glory? Well, lately, my hair has been my shame. I am trying desperately to grow it out but it's driving me CRAZY!!! So this morning I decided to try something different. I plugged in my hot sticks (only those from the 80's know what these are) and set my hair to super curly.

I had just taken the rollers out when my eldest daughter walked in and exclaimed, "What did you do to your hair?!" I curled it, thank you very much! Since I hadn't combed it out yet, I decided to do so. It was quite curly, like Annie. My little boy walked in and yelled, "Ahhh!" My middle daughter saw me and said, "Mom, your hair looks like a grandma."

Okay people, that is it! I'm cutting my hair. Here are a few styles to choose from:

A. Gotta love Sissel!
The image “http://www.emediawire.com/prfiles/2004/04/24/121357/Sissel_Picture.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
B.
The image “http://www.hairstyle.com/datastore/0/bt-veryshort.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

In my desperation, I'm actually considering this:
C.
The image “http://beauty.about.com/library/graphics/ppatrice3.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

This is what I was working towards, or something like it, before my meltdown:
D.
The image “http://www.just-hairstyles.com/straight/s135.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.


15 comments:

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Here's the rule:

Hair is not to be cut between days 21 and 28 of the menstrual cycle. PMS makes women do crazy things.

Otherwise, consider giving up on growing it out only after a 1 week "cooling off" period, during which time you make use of copious numbers of bobby pins, clippy-things and headbands.

Lastly, there's my motto:

It's only hair and it will grow back (have you seen my profile photo?).

G'luck! :~D

LiteratureLover said...

WH - So you think they need to comb it, huh? :) I actually considered your hairstyle too!

Clemntine - Laughing. That is very good advice.

thebarefootpoet said...

B or C are my favorites. Wait, I'm commenting on hairstyles!?! Yeah, uhm, ok, whatever girl.

LiteratureLover said...

Poet - thanks for sharing your votes. L

Bttrfly1976 said...

Step away from the scissors!! Seriously, your dad cracked me up, and Clementine is Very accurate on the whole be careful of your decision timing thing. I vote that you tough it out and hold on for D. You do realize that great strides have been made in the realm of hair beautification products over the past 20 years, right? Hot Sticks are not the only option for you! There is hope, you can do it. On the other hand, when I make up my mind to do something it is made up and no one can say anything to change it. In case that is you in this scenario, I vote A. Good Luck!!

LiteratureLover said...

Bttrfly - Hot sticks are not the only option? Whew! That takes a load off. Okay, so my mind is not completely made up. I might try to hold out. Perhaps a good trim would do the trick instead of a drastic cut. I'll ponder it...

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Besides, I like your hair in that Prov.31-bun-y-thing in your profile photo.

What?

That's not you?

I thought our photos had to be us!

::googling for a pic of Andie McDowell::

LiteratureLover said...

Clemntine, I WISH! Andi McDowell? Mine would be Kate Hudson or Charlize Theron.

Bttrfly1976 said...

Ohhh, Kate Hudson, I want to be her.

Shayne said...

daddyman is very wise.

LL, I am currently sporting C and I LOVE IT!!!! I use Redken's Rewind and make it all spiky and piecey and I DON'T HAVE TO USE THE BLOW DRYER. AT ALL.

That means a lot to a woman with one bathroom and a 13 year old girl, let me tell ya.

zephyrsbound said...

Wait till you see my hair! I got it chopped off Tuesday (even with my chin)...actually it is not as short as I wanted it...October 5th baby (that is my next appt)...more is coming off!

heartsjoy said...

Ahhh, I can't decide! :) I know you will look fab in all! I am with the others on saying wait if you think you are not sure. However, if you have made up your mind I think my pick is B. They are all so cute though!

soulreavers said...

my pick is B. though since I am getting to this post so long after you wrote it, your mind is made up and actions have happened already, so my pick is pointless. :)

LiteratureLover said...

Actually, I decided to wait it out until after the weekend so all of your votes counted. :) Thanks for all the good input.

Daddyman - You are wise. ;)

Heartsjoy - They are cute, aren't they? Decisions, decisions...

Shayne - I'm so tempted to join you with that easy do.

Zephyrsbound - I can't wait to see your cutie cut. Of course, you look adorable in anything!

SuperMom said...

First up, you should never, NEVER use Hot Sticks unless your hair is about 12 feet long.

Secondly, you are at that point all people get to when they grow it out. Try to push through it!! You can do it!!

Thirdly, you will look absolutely adorable in any of those. But I like A. I have to say, I don't like D at all.