Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Big

I had a realization last night that my little mister is really getting big. Why am I just now noticing it? Because he doesn't just let me kiss him whenever I want to anymore. Now he starts to squirm away when I'm being too affectionate. And it dawned on me last night that my time with that "little" one is moving on. Now I don't have any more babies and I'm moving into the later stages of life.

Maybe I'm just feeling emotional because my doctor told me last week at my thyroid checkup that I may be pre-menopausal. What?! ME? I'm too young. Plus he added that I'd gained a good amount of weight in just ONE year. I love it when the doctor is full of good news. :{

But back to what I was saying, there was a storm last night blowing through our town complete with Tornado watch. My little mister suddenly became "little" again. He wanted me to hold him and snuggle him. I cherished every moment and covered his cheeks in kisses until he asked me to stop.

Warning for those of you with babies: In the near future, I may need to hold your little one and give 'em a few kisses.

10 comments:

SuperMom said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Don't let him do it. Ground him if he grows any more. Take away all his toys.

I feel your pain, sister. It's why Baby is such a spoiled little stinker. I'm enjoying every sleep deprived moment I have left.

No more babies. I'm going to lay down and cry myself to sleep now.

joyfuljourney said...

I was wondering about you, Supermom, and all the others from OK. The storms just missed us (West TX). Glad all is well.

My six year old still likes the kisses and snuggles. In fact, he slept with me last night since Dad is out of town. Baby brother (2)has the best kissing cheeks!

I think I'll walk away from the computer now and go do some serious kissing!

Bttrfly1976 said...

Awwww. I may not have any of my own yet, but I completely empathize with you. The realization for me always comes with the progression of my name. Each of the ten would for so long call me "teffie" and each time one of them figured out how to say it right my heart broke just a little. Mayson, the current youngest(number eleven is on the way) pulled this on me last night at his baseball game. "te-fa-nie, I wanna go with shooo." Made me laugh and cry in the very same breath. That's the hard part, they are so excited that they have learned how to do it right and a part of you has to be proud of the way they are growing and learning, but this other part of you is screaming on the inside..."noooo!!!...can't you stay little just a little longer?"

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I'm with Supermom-- I don't really think I need another baby, but I'm enjoying every moment with this one. I'm going to be a terrible empty nester. :)

Sarah said...

Okay, tell your doctor you can read the scales for yourself, thankyouverymuch!

And my friends' baby Levi is my little baby that I must squish on and sniff his head. We all have to have one!

Jessica said...

I feel your pain...When I tell my 8 yr old 'I love her' as she gets on the bus she roles her eyes at me...

thebarefootpoet said...

I'd offer up the cheeks of my little ladies man but he would beat me to it, so, have at 'im...

janiners said...

i can't wait to have all my friends kiss and hold my little one when he/she gets here! I am definitely going to cherish the "little one" moments!

heartsjoy said...

Awwww, So sweet and sad... sniffle.

jesprincess said...

I just turned around and hugged and kissed my boy and said, "You're not getting too big for hugs and kisses, are you?" He said, "I'll never get too big for your hugs and kisses, even when I'm big I will want them." Boohoohoo. So sweet.