Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Crybaby

Does it come with age? I have become the biggest crybaby! I swear, a commercial comes on with a little sentimental flavor and tears start dripping off my face. I find myself trying to hide it because my kids have caught on. "Mom, are you crying over that?!" "Yes, I am," I say sniffling.

If I'm watching a movie or reading a book, I cry at the tender moments, the sad moments, the climatic happy moments, the kissing moments and the restoring moments. It's so ridiculous! I've even been known to start crying while someone is telling me a story, right there in front of them! How embarrassing. Maybe it's just that I've hit middle age and I'm feeling everything deeper. At least, I hope that's it.

I think I need a Kleenex, sniffle.

10 comments:

heartsjoy said...

sniffle sniffle...that is too sweet!...where are the kleenex's when you need them?!

janiners said...

awwwwwww! it's ok! I always feel like I cry way too much and get way too emotional about stuff that other people look at me and are like, huh? you and I can hang out and read or watch stuff that brings out the crybaby in us and neither of us will care. i'm sure heartsjoy is a great crymate, too.
i appreciate those who feel things deeply, even the seemingly ordinary or small. it's a beautiful thing to me.

SuperMom said...

It's because you are so sensitive to others. I agree with Janiners...it's a beautiful thing :-)

thebarefootpoet said...

This feels a little like I walked into the room right in the middle of a crucial moment during a chick flick...backing out slowly, maybe they won't notice me and ask me what I'm thinking, what I'm feeling....

SuperMom said...

middle age......... shut the hell up!

your words are offensive to those who are older! it called hormones, and there is NOTHING wrong at all with the way god made you. no more apologies unless you suddenly want to pick up a knife or something!

supermom's pimp daddy t

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I'm with you girl. I'm a constant flow of tears... I meet with 4 different gals for discipleship every week and I just keep a box of tissues at my dining room table (which is our meeting place) because I KNOW that the tears are inevitable. :)

ste-pha-nie said...

Maybe you're preggers :) hihi!

LiteratureLover said...

You guys are sweet.

Barefoot Poet: I laughed pretty hard at your comment. By the way, what were your FEELINGS when you wrote that? ;)

Stephanie: That's NOT funny. ;)

heartsjoy said...

Barefootpoet--LOL!!That was so funny! Backing up slowly...Still laughing...

heather said...

pregnant. uuummmmmmmmmmmm