Friday, April 14, 2006

Prayer Time

Early this morning, I was able to be part of a prayer vigil Rivendell was having throughout the night. My hour was from 1:00 - 2:00a.m. I was really excited about it. It's not often that I get an entire hour with the Lord uninterrupted. The prayer room was set up with about five or six different stations. It was all extremely moving. This morning I feel refreshed, refocused and a bit mournful imagining how the disciples must have felt. I'm glad that Sunday is coming for celebration but right now my heart is quiet and thoughtful.

3 comments:

thebarefootpoet said...

I had the 3am to 4am time, and I too experienced a really special time with the Lord. My next blog will probably be about that time as well. I think the pursuit of some sort of consistent time, the discipline, is something that we need to talk about and think about outside of the "checklist" version of a quiet time. I bet you and I aren't the only ones with a similar experience.

heartsjoy said...

That sounds like it was a beautiful time and a great idea for reflection and time with Him!

Monk-in-Training said...

Maundy Thursday Vigil is always a great time of being with Jesus in the garden! †