Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Little White House

Sunday afternoon, my family went for a drive and decided to check out a house a friend recommended that is up for sale. As soon as I saw it, I fell in love. It's like the dream house I've always wanted. It's a little Gingerbread house, as I call it. It's an older home with lots of character. The house was not open but we looked into the windows. The front porch was large the way I like it. The living room opened into the dining room with a dome shaped opening.

The kitchen was re-done and updated. It was adorable. Even the utility room was a cute little room tucked into the side of the house with pantry shelved walls. The backyard was quaint with large trees - a huge plus for me. Just down the street stood an awesome park. The backyard also held a great deck. There was a den downstairs in the basement with a fireplace. The garage had been changed into an apartment which would be great for helping with housepayments or maybe a Mother-in-law apartment. The only thing I didn't like about the house was that there was no garage. But I could live with that.

I have adored these type homes ever since we moved into this town. I'm trying not to think about it too much. It's not like we need to move. We have a great house already. I love my home. But it's fun to dream.

6 comments:

heartsjoy said...

Ohhh that sounds so pretty. Keep us posted.

SuperMom said...

If it's closer to me, I love it :-) Seriously, I love those kinds of houses, too. We lived in one over by the fairgrounds when we first moved to town and I loved it so much. The down side...the closets are so tiny! However, the house was so cute I didn't care.

Who knows? Sometimes dreams come true ;-)

thebarefootpoet said...

I think we are designed to dream of homes other than the one we're in now. Dream, dream, dream, it's a good thing.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I have a scrap book of all of the ideas for my dream house. Someday...

Diane Viere said...

Yah--a girl can dream can't she! Have fun dreaming....who knows...maybe you will be blessed with a wonderful surprise!

Diane

LauraAnne said...

Im so glad to be reading your site. I've really enjoyed reading your comments and you are so encourageing. It is so fun to dream. I loved the house that Jason and I owned. It was also a ginger bread house. We did just fine without a garage!! :) But I still day dream about where we will live someday and what the house will be like. I love decks! They are so wonderful. Old houses are so very lovely aren't they?