Saturday, February 11, 2006

Day of Refreshment

Note: If you are having an especially awful day, do not continue reading.

My parents asked to have our kids for the weekend and asked that I bring them up on Thursday night. Translation: I have a free weekend and Friday all to myself! So, what did I do, you ask? Ahhhh...

I started off my morning by Bible study in complete quiet. Then I got ready for the day because I wanted to be able to take off at any moment. I read and wrote blogs briefly before dashing off to a haircut appointment. I was trying out a new stylist in my salon and I was pleasantly suprised when she cut my hair exactly like I asked her to! I left the Salon happy with the "do". By that point it was late in the morning, nearing 11:30 so I decided to treat myself to lunch. I went to Panera Bread and ate lunch all by myself. (Don't feel sorry for me, I loved it!) Then I drove to Barnes and Noble to browse. I think there must be a place like that in Heaven only everything should be free. ;) Of course, I got myself a Starbucks coffee to enjoy and bought a magazine I was looking at. I came home and talked with some friends on the phone. Then I fixed myself a hot bath and soaked with my favorite books for about an hour. After that, I gave myself a manicure and pedicure. I read a little more then turned the television on to watch a few shows that are not on the children's channels. I fixed dinner (the only work that I did all day and it was frozen pizza at that). Hubby came home and we had a nice chat over dinner. He had somewhere to be so he left and I went to a friend's house to watch the third movie of Anne of Green Gables (I don't remember the name). I came home late and finally crashed into bed. Then I didn't get up this morning until after 10:00 a.m. That is the full extent of my "day off".

Today I am working on my house. Sniff, sniff.

3 comments:

heartsjoy said...

Can I just say...Ahhhhh. I feel more refreshed just reading about your day. I am so glad you got that time!! After that 2 week period of sickness and then hubby being gone you were due a break! Sounds like Mommy and kids are having a fun weekend!

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

All I have to say is... LUCKY DOG!!!!!

heather said...

Are your parents taking reservations ? ;) You are beautiful and wonderful and deserve to lolligag once in awhile. the lunch by yourself is always nice! you planned the day well!