Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Wailing Mister

Tonight we had our missionary friends over for dinner before they leave again to go back home. It was so much fun visiting. My kids were doing all their "tricks" for them. Little Lady was demonstrating her gymnastic abilities while Little Mister demonstrated his version. Our friend asked how Little Lady had learned all that and I explained that she'd taken a class but that she'd always been a gifted little gymnist.

After our company left, I was hearding my crew to bed. They were worn out and quite cranky. Little Mister started wailing about something and I couldn't understand what he was saying. All I could translate from it was that he thought I'd said something mean and something about gymnastics. Little Miss yelled the interpretation from the other room. I had hurt his feelings by saying that Little Lady was a good gymnist but not saying anything about him. Poor little thing. I asked his forgiveness. He forgave me so we kissed and hugged. But he was still sniffling as he went to bed. I felt bad that I hurt his feelings. But then I also don't want to set the standard that everytime I give his sisters a compliment that I must dote one on him as well. Hmmm. I'll have to think on that one.

2 comments:

SuperMom said...

Poor little guy. It's tough being the baby...I should know :-) I remember vying for attention and trying to be center stage. Actually, I still do that. You are so sweet and considerate of your children and their feelings.

heartsjoy said...

Whwlel Mommy, notice that little boy once in a while!!! KIDDING! As if the cutie baby of the family doesn't get any attention. laughing. But still, we all need to be recognized. :)