Monday, February 20, 2006

I Can Wear Everything In My Closet!

I really can! I can wear everything in my closet. Not because I've lost weight but because I emptied about half of it! I am so sick of pulling clothes out of the closet only to remember why I don't wear it. Some various reasons are:
  • It's got a stain of who-knows-what right in the middle of the shirt.
  • Too small.
  • The color makes me look dead.
  • Too short.
  • Shows too much neck (I'm not 20, you know!).
  • Too long.
  • Makes me look frumpy.
  • Too big (not many of those these days).
  • I just plain hate it.
P.S. If you are as disorganized as I am or have trouble keeping your house from becoming chaos you should check out the Flylady website. Sorry, I still don't know how to link it but the website is www.flylady.com.

6 comments:

SuperMom said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! You are the Queen of Organization. You are the Conqueror of Chaos. You are the Defender of all that is pure, decent and domestic. You are my Hero.

heartsjoy said...

That is awesome!! How many people can say those words!! I need to aspire to say them...hence, doing something with my closet!

heather said...

Hooray!! I, too, somehow manage to fill a garbage bag of clothes every few months even though i don't buy very many clothes. I kind of like to avoid depression ;) Just yesterday I filled another, but kept a few "this might fit someday's" only because I paid too much and have never worn them! Ha...maybe someday!

By the way, congratulations on losing weight, I can tell you where it went!

LiteratureLover said...

SM - What a cheer! Thanks. It kind of reminds me of a speech from the Knight's Tale orator or the Three Amigos chant. Hmmm, wonder if I could make my kids repeat it every morning before starting school? It would be like the pledge of allegiance to Mom.

HJ - Turn some fun music on and just get in there! (But remember that I might want some cast-offs Miss Glam)

HB - Good for you! Maybe we should have a closet-cleaning-club. By the way, I don't want to mislead you so I must correct something. I actually said "NOT because I've lost weight" but thanks for the encouragement none-the-less. :)

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Are you dressed to the shoes? Is your sink shiny?? :)

LiteratureLover said...

Yes! My shoes ARE on and my sink IS shiny. :)