Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Chocolate, ur, I mean Valentine's Day!!

I am a victim of commercials. I watched one incredible commercial over and over that showed luscious chocolate being poured into a round hollow chocolate candy truffle. I began craving them badly and hoped that my husband was taking the hint as I drooled all over the floor. Last night I ran a quick errand to K-Mart to get some last minute items. As I stood in the check-out line waiting for the person in front of me to get through, I glanced over at the candy section that they always have right there to lure you into buying something. I was just looking at it out of boredom when I saw them. There on the bottom shelf almost hidden from sight was a beautiful bag full of the VERY truffles from the commercial. I bought a bag. After I put all the kids to bed, I made myself a hot cup of coffee to go with my chocolates and then sat down to enjoy them. As much as I hate to admit it, I gave in to the sale. But, I must also say that that commercial was completely truthful. Those truffles were delicious! (And no, you can't have any.)

4 comments:

heartsjoy said...

Mmmmm, I know the very ones! They are absolutely amazing! It sounds like they were beckoning you right there at the check out. How could you even have had a chance!? Happy Choc--ur Valentines Day!

SuperMom said...

Mmmmmm...chocolate...must have...mmmmm...can't say no...

heather said...

*mumbles with mouth full* you know chocolate isn't that good for you. as i am choking down a box of mapped chocolates. happy valentines day. i love you :)

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Oh come on-- can't I have just one??