Thursday, February 02, 2006

Hubby Home!

Late last night my Hubby made it home from his trip. This morning when he awoke he was greeted by three excited kids. They were screaming "Daddy! Daddy!!!" Everyone was talking to him at once. I just sat back and enjoyed watching for a change. Daddy, of course, came back bearing a gift for everyone. He's good about that and very creative! It was like a mini-Christmas morning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I've realized that I've been too focused on how hard it is to give up my idols lately and haven't been seeing how incredible life is without them. I've decided to stop my petty whining and just enjoy the treasures God brings along the way. Especially His incredible presence. Is it possible to be completely consumed with God? Can all the hours that I've devoted to other things now be transferred to Him? I'm beginning to think it can. I'm not sure of the particulars but I'm enjoying the process of learning. If you have any tips please feel free to share!


4 comments:

janiners said...

if it's possible to be completely consumed with God, I so desire to be. i've been wondering and thinking a lot about the same things lately. i feel like i am having an Ecclesiastes moment in my life right now, but it has been, will be, and is a good thing for me.

i will say that lately, in my life, it seems like everywhere I look, I see the love of God - either played out in the lives of people, reminders in His word to me, in nearly every song I hear on the radio, in conversations, EVERYWHERE! I can sense God wanting to consume me with His love and more and more each day, I am captivated by His incredible love.

so glad the hubby is back! he sounds like a fellow gift-giver.
:-)

SuperMom said...

I am wondering exactly what you mean by "completely consumed with God". I've known people who prayed about every single thing in their life, and agonized over an answer from God. I knew someone who prayed about what color of minivan she should buy. Seriously. By "completely consumed", does that mean you give no thought to anything else? That you deny yourself everything you want?
For me, if something is keeping me from God, then it is something that surely must go. If I value that more than my relationship with Him or keeps me from furthering the kingdom, then I shouldn't have it. But then, I find that if I spend too much time trying to micro-manage my spiritual life, I am wasting my energy. When I focus my attention outwardly...helping people, pointing them to Christ...God can accomplish whatever it is He wants from me.

That's just my take. Feel free to set me straight ;-)

So glad hubby got back okay.

LiteratureLover said...

Thank you for all your comments. I enjoy reading your thoughts and where this journey has brought you. It helps me to think through all this and gives me ideas to chew on.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

How was the conference? Did your husband think it was as good or better as in past years? I am so having Piper withdrawals right now...

Warm-hearts, your words really encouraged me. "Taking our hands off of everything, our family, our plans, our desires, our dreams."

That's the hard part for me.