Monday, February 06, 2006

Tidbits

Last night, I told Little Mister to brush his teeth. He whined that he wasn't feeling good enough to brush them. So I told him to go get in bed if he was feeling bad. He said, "Well, I'm not feeling bad to play just bad to brush my teeth." Uh-huh. Needless to say, the boy brushed his teeth.

Little Lady asked me today why my nails weren't growing long since I'm not biting them. I explained that since I've had my nails short for so long that I clip them because they bother me when they're too long. She gave me a sympathetic pat along with a sweet little "Awww". It's nice to have empathy. Then I started clipping her nails and she asked me why she couldn't have long ones. I told her that little girls usually get their nails dirty and it could grow bacteria so I want her nails short until she's old enough to take good care of them. Her face twisted and she teasingly asked, "Could I grow a tree in there?" We both just started laughing. Um, no!

We played Hide and Seek the other night as a family. It was hilarious and tons of fun. At one point I was running out of spots to hide (can't fit in too many places) so I squeezed into a little spot between the wall and the dresser. I had a tall wicker basket in front of me but it only covered up to my chest. I sat there watching all my children and even my husband walk by me. No one was finding me. It was quite thrilling! Finally, after my legs were starting to cramp, Little Lady caught sight of me (it was her fifth trip past me). My legs were happy to be found! I think I'll be keeping that hiding spot in my back pocket.

My sister had some funny things happen Sunday while she was leading worship at their church and it reminded me of some funny happenings from times past for me. Once I started a song over three times because in my head I was singing a melody that was very similar to the song but on the fifth note went to a very different and wrong note. I tried it three times until finally the pianist sang out the RIGHT note so that we could get on past it. My face was bright red!

Another time I was singing a special in church service. We had two services and I needed to nurse my baby in between. I sang in the first service and it went fine. I hurried to the nursery to nurse baby so that I could get back in time for the second service. As I finished with baby, a friend came into the nursing room and we started talking. I realized after a bit that I needed to hurry. I wasn't too worried because we usually had a long song service. As I walked to the sanctuary I saw the Education minister and he told me they were looking for me in the service. I laughed because he was usually a real prankster so I didn't think anything of it. Once I got close to the auditorium I could hear the Pastor speaking. I felt panic rising in me because I was supposed to sing before he preached. Too late. I had missed my cue. I found out later that the pianist (another one) had thrown something together and just played. Can I just say that I love pianists?


2 comments:

SuperMom said...

Ah, I know that I-Don't-Feel-Good rountine well. My kids are pros at it. Little Stinker!!

I am so proud of you for not biting your nails!! I noticed that they were short and thought you were still doing it, but I didn't want to ask and make you feel like a failure. Way to go, Girl!! You deserve a big pat on the back.

heartsjoy said...

Anything to get out of a chore! Trees in nails...new thought, could be in a fantasy novel that her mother writes. :) I'm glad you can relate to my many mess ups! Too bad you weren't there to help me.