Monday, January 30, 2006

Pick a chore, any chore!

I was trying to get the house in order this afternoon. My kids had been playing very nicely together but it was getting to the rowdy level. You know, that level where someone is about to get hurt. I was racking my brain to come up with activities to put them in so that I could get finished with the house when it hit me. THEY could help me. I'm a genius, I know.

So I put everything to be done on a squares of paper. There were 24 chores so that would equal out to 6 chores a piece. I told them we were going to auction the chores and the first one to call it would get it. It was hilarious because they all wanted different things and were excited about their chores since they picked them. Little Mister wanted quite a few of the kitchen chores. (Huh?) Little Lady wanted most of the outdoor chores. (That figures.) Little Miss just tried to pick the ones that she thought would take the least time. (Smart girl!) I took all the leftovers. I set the timer and we all went to work. I had to help them out a bit on learning new chores but it was still being accomplished and made me happy. When we were finished they were ready for a break and the house looked ten times better. We all had a little snack and enjoyed the cleanliness. Ahhhh. Now for the garage chores...

4 comments:

SuperMom said...

You are SO CREATIVE!! It's so nice to have such smart friends to learn from.

heartsjoy said...

Cute inventive game chores...I like it! Thanks for the idea! I'm glad you now get to enjoy relaxing!

LiteratureLover said...

I heard your song message you little cutie. It made me laugh. Sorry we were out quite a lot on the weekend and then I couldn't get Hubby's phone to work with me so I could call long distance. Grrrr.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

That is a REALLY good idea! I am definetly going to try it out on this crew around here. And of course, when we do it, I'll tell them that I got this idea from one of the "(your maiden name) twins" because they have heard Spencer tells lots of stories from y'all's childhood. :)