Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Refreshed

I am so refreshed this morning. Yesterday afternoon I started a cleaning frenzy and continued into the night. It felt so good to put the pull-out sofa bed back up and have my couch again! Tissues were strewn everywhere and trash cans were overflowing. Cups were scattered all around the house along with medicine bottles. After I got all the trash picked up, cups and dishes in the dishwasher there was some clear space to look at. Believe me, I had been trying to keep it clean but for any of you that have tried to care for a sick brood, you know how hard that can be!

Finally, after I got everything in the front rooms back in their place tidy and clean, I vaccumed. Ahhhh. My carpet looked so pretty and my eyes happily took in the clean area. My poor husband, weak from being so sick, ventured to work because of a huge Martin Luther King day event that he was in charge of. I knew he was going to be working until well into the night so I decided I would give him the gift of clean surfaces when he walked into the back door. I got the laundry put away and cleared out the utility room. Then I cleared off every counter in the kitchen (ran the dishwasher three times)! Swept and cleared off the floor from the three trash bags sitting there. Thank goodness today was trash pick-up! Then I mopped. Picked up all the medicines and dishes off of the table and scrubbed it down.

After all that, I sat down and just basked in the glow of cleanliness! If that wasn't enough, then I got a good night's sleep! I feel so invigorated today and ready to conquer the world. Thanks for all your prayers! Hubby's fever stopped yesterday and Little Mister's was gone this morning. Whew! They are both still really congested but from watching my other two, it should only last a day or so.

2 comments:

heartsjoy said...

Ahhhh, how wonderful! I am SO happy your family is feeling better and that you were able to clean, clean, clean!! Enjoy your day and clean house and not so sick kids. :)

SuperMom said...

THANK YOU, LORD!!!!! Things are looking up. Amazing how much our surroundings affect our mood, huh? I'm so glad you got some rest and it's getting back to normal.