Monday, January 02, 2006

Re-Arranging

My sweet husband bought me a book on the evening of our Anniversary that I had been wanting for quite a while. It's called Use What You Have Decorating by Lauri Ward. I tell you, it is incredible! I am someone who loves to move things around every two months or so anyway, but this lady has given me the tools to do it with!

Hubby asked me on Saturday what I wanted to do on New Year's Day. I said, "Move furniture!" To which he groaned, "Oh no." He should have known it was a mistake to buy me that book! ;) I LOVE how everything is turning out. So if you need some re-arranging at your house, I'm on a roll! L

My little Mister just came in wanting to ask me something. He looked at my coffee cup and then held his nose. "That stuff stinks," he said. Crazy kid! It's the aroma of Heaven.

Little Lady is enjoying the day setting up tea for her dollies. She has babies everywhere! I swear this girl will someday have an orphanage! Little Miss is, of course, doing a craft. Where does she get these endless ideas? I would love to take credit but alas I can't even remember where the supplies are let alone an idea.

We watched the Extreme House Makeover last night and like a baby I bawled. What is it about growing older that makes one become a sappy Mom? I finally grabbed a Kleenex box and quit trying to pretend that I had a cold. The story was about this couple who had two kids of their own and adopted four kids that were in great need of a family. They wanted to adopt more but didn't have the room. Ty built them an incredible new ranch (with extra room of course) and even a cute little school house because they homeschool. It was adorable! Maybe I can talk Hubby into building me a little school shed out back...

3 comments:

SuperMom said...

You go, girl!! I can't wait to see your new, swanky pad ;-) It is nice to have things different...a refreshing change. Come over when you're through there and you can do my house. I've spent a couple of days working on my "nest" (sad, but yes, it has taken a couple of days)and I am feeling good about having that done. Until next week, when it gets trashed again.

I saw Extreme Makeover, too. What a house!! What a family, too. Love that show! Sounds like there is some Extreme Making-Over going on over your way, too ;-)

janiners said...

after you do SuperMom's house, you could totally rearrange my apartment. :-) actually, I just need someone to come in and clean out our extra bedroom for me so my stepdaughter and her son will have a place to sleep and live when they get here. it's going to be a pain to get that room cleaned out and in livable condition. ah well, that's the way it goes. :-)

i, also, am a fan of extreme makeover's home edition. however, i can't say I'm a mom or as young-at-heart as you, so I don't really know what my excuse is for bawling like a baby every time I watch it. :-)

Jill said...

Next time you come to visit your mom and dad, you can swing by my house and do some rearranging! I'm about 2 minutes away from your parents' house, so it's really not that far! :) Yeah, and I can't get through an episode of Extreme Makeover without choking up! They do that on purpose, I'm sure!!!