Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sick of Sick!

I really wish there was something else I had to write about other than sickness. I'm sick of sick. I guess I'm writing this blog for my sanity. Just a moment's peace in which I'm not hearing the word, "Mommy" yelled. It's almost comical. I should think of myself as a celebrity then it would probably seem glamourous. As I walk past any room of the house all I hear is, "Mommy!" "Moooommmmmmyyyyyy!" "Mom, hey Mom!" I'm about ready to change my title just for the sake of hearing a different word.

Maybe I'm a bit irritable. I haven't had a lot of sleep in the last week. Monday night I was cleaning up--well, you know. Tuesday night, Little Miss was delirious and having horrific nightmares so I spent the night at the foot of her bed. Wednesday night, I was up in intervals to keep medicine going so the fever would stay down. Thursday night, Little Lady ended up in my bed shivering with cold and restlessly turning because of fever. Hubby spiked a fever too. Friday night, Little Mister began running fever and coughing. I kept waking through the night to give everyone meds. Saturday night Little Mister was coughing hard. It was starting to sound like croup. I kept hearing him hacking. I finally moved him to my bed because I was scared I would sleep through it and not hear if he was really in trouble. Needless to say, it wasn't a restful night.

I better quit writing before I fully re-start that pity-party. I'll try to think of a new topic for tomorrow. Really.

4 comments:

SuperMom said...

Song moment:
"We shall overcome...we shall overcooooooommmmmmeeee..."
Hang in there! We will go out when it's all said and done. Or I will take your kiddos and let you sleep. Love you, girlie :-)

heartsjoy said...

I think a new title of "Oh Great One" might be good or "Hail the Queen". You little trooper you.
Thanks for the laugh. I think I could actually tell you which Mommy's in your blog are which child. Made me laugh thinking of it. I liked SM song moment and my song for you would be "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow..."

LiteratureLover said...

SM - I'll take the night out! Who needs sleep? L

HJ - I like your titles! May be incorporating those tomorrow. ;) I'm sure you COULD tell which kid went with which Mommy.

LiteratureLover said...

Somehow I knew that was coming! ;) I'll try to get some sleep.