Saturday, January 07, 2006

Back

Well, our fun holiday travels are over and my sister left this morning on her 14 hour trip home. Whaa. It's good that there is a Girl's Night out tonight! My house is quiet and everything must return back to normal. I do like my routine but the holiday has been wonderful! I have been working on my home schedule for this Spring semester (to which my sister was forced read). As I've said before, I always love the new start. This year has been a year of lessons for me.

I am in the middle of reading books by Charlotte Mason and learning about her. For those of you outside the homeschooling world, she is a pioneer of sorts in this arena. I love most of her philosophy and am learning a lot.

I am feeling the need to form a new habit. One of getting up early. (Don't faint, Mom) I know what you're thinking. My Hubby already looked at me as if it would be like moving the moon. But seriously, I think it would help my days if I had a little quiet time to think and get ready before my kids are up. I have gone through spurts of this but then I'll end up staying up late and allow myself to sleep until the kids wake. It's not consistent. I am going to strive to be consistent. So if you want, when you see me you can ask me what time I got up that morning. Maybe that will hold me accountable. Yikes!

4 comments:

ValiantDad said...

Alright! Way to go Cathy ... can I call you at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings to see how it's goin'? ;-)
Or, maybe I should ask, what's "early" going to mean for your household? Because there those of us out there that know what (HST) means versus (CST). (Horn Sister Time) vs. (Central Standard Time)! It usually means a 2-4 hour differential depending on how many phone conversations have been held, and to what hour in the evening/morning! ;-) No, seriously, I'll pray that God would accomplish that in you!

LiteratureLover said...

Funny. Real funny! Actually I WAS thinking 6:00. And that would be CST, thank you very much. Thanks for the laugh.

heartsjoy said...

Wow! You MUST be serious. I would have written and erased that many times before printing knowing there would be those who would hold me accountable. I am proud of you for planning ahead to make a new committment for getting up earlier than kids. I'm sure it will be beneficial! You have made many changes this year so I feel sure that this next year will be even better! You inspire me!

heartsjoy said...

p.s. valiant dad better watch it or he may be dealing with (SRT) sister revenge time.