Friday, January 20, 2006

Birthday Party

Tonight is Little Miss' long awaited (for her) birthday sleepover. She's having a few of her friends. And if you know her, she has been planning it for awhile. Of course the theme is Narnia! :) We made a dome-shaped cake into a Beavers Dam. Covered it with chocolate icing and then put pretzels on top. We sprinkled it lightly with powdered sugar to give it a "snowy" effect and put "snow" all over the platter that it sits on. Thanks to McDonald's Happy Meals, we have most of the characters from The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. We, of course, put Mr. Beaver beside his dam. Then we also made a long rectangular white cake which we are making into Aslan's Camp. King Peter, King Edmond, Queen Susan and Queen Lucy will go on top as well as Aslan. We're making the icing green for the grassy campground. We even have (food coloring) green-tinted coconut for the grass! :) Then she has connecting backgrounds (thanks again to McDonalds) to put around the outside of the cake. It has been so much fun to create that it's been difficult to focus on cleaning the house. L Although, Little Miss claims the business helps her day pass quickly. Well, good.

We have three games planned and then the Narnia movie to watch. (Thank you cousins close to Mexico!) I am looking forward to the night almost as much as she is. The only glich is keeping little siblings out of the limelight and busy so that they stay out of trouble. You know, have fun but don't over-interfere. Here's to a fun and sleepless night! ;)

4 comments:

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Oooh- I'm soooo impressed with your cake! What a great memory! You need to post a picture. I used to decorate homemade cakes (and sometimes still do), and just to let you know how talented I was at it, the Cookie Monster cake that I made for Abbey's 2nd birthday was mistaken by Spencer for a "giant blue frog." Needless to say, my cake-making-self-esteem took a hard hit that day. :) Happy Birthday Little Miss!

janiners said...

how fun! it sounds like it will be quite the night and party! i am in agreement with the previous commenter, you should try to post a picture of this incredible cake if you can. :-) hope Little Miss enjoys her wonderful party, with lots of fun memories. Ahhh, to be just a young lady again!

SuperMom said...

How COOL!!!! I hope you took lots of pictures of that cake ;-) If only I were 11 so I could come! Sounds like a blast. Hope it is a party to remember for her. Give her a big birthday hug from me!

LiteratureLover said...

Poppa, I'm sorry. You DID have LOTS to do with that movie being available. Thank you. Give credit where credit is due! As far as calling you back, I'm sorry I didn't. It wasn't that I forgot but that I crashed and slept for two hours along with ALL of my kids. I will try to call you guys today.