Thursday, March 30, 2006

Connecting

I felt restless this morning. The morning was moving along nicely but my heart was heavy with several things. Even as I read the Bible I wasn't connecting. "God, I need you. Please show yourself. I need to hear from you." I was flipping through the Bible trying to find a passage that would speak to me. But finally I closed it because I had no idea what to read. Isaiah 43 popped into my head. Huh? I opened my Bible to that passage. This is what I read:

But now, O Isreal, the Lord who created you says: "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name. You are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Isreal, your Savior...You are honored, and I love you."

Tears of relief. Thank you God.

3 comments:

heartsjoy said...

How beautiful! That passage is near and dear to my heart as well! It was good for me to re-read it in your blog! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Wonderful Scripture and I love the new look on your blog!

thebarefootpoet said...

It was interesting reading your blog and pilgrims blog. You encountered God in the most traditional of ways, a good old evangelical quiet time, and pilgrim encounters Him in the clouds. It seems to me that He is interested in relating and loving us and meeting with us, and He is not restricted on how, when, and where He wants to be revealed. Great post.