Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday

I am loving these rainy days. It makes me want to take a very long nap...ZZZzzzz

However, I have a little sick boy that's had a virus of high fever and horrible coughing for the past five days so none of us are sleeping too well. The doctor's office called this morning to check on him. I have NEVER had that happen before. I told them that he was still coughing, that his fever was up and his appetite was down. They told me to bring him back in. They did Xrays on his chest and told me that he had a slight form of pneumonia so they're starting him on antibiotics. The poor little guy is pretty weak. He keeps complaining about his "wiggly legs". The girls seem to have a form of the virus too but they have not been as sick as he has.

Tonight is the Switchfoot concert that I was supposed to go to. Oh well, it's not that bad. After all, I love being home and I checked out a movie to watch after the kids are in bed. Little Miss is going to the concert thanks to Daddy helping with it. I lovingly refer to him as the "Big Kahuna".

I'm trying desperatly to keep my house looking tidy even with sickness in the house. I am determined not to fall too far behind again. I've got a good thing going and I don't want it to end! Hubby did like 12 hours of laundry over the weekend. That's one area that I have not put in my routine yet. No, I'm not kidding, we were that behind and he took it upon his precious little self to do it ALL (wash, fold and put away). Applause for the Big Kahuna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I hear little Mister starting to hack again so I better go check on him. It's getting close to dinner time, maybe we'll have some Chili Frito pie...

7 comments:

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I am so tired of sick kids too. Jane just completed on FRIDAY a set of 3 shots (antibiotics) because she was on her 4th ear infection since January. She's acting like her ears are hurting her again today. It's looking like tubes for us...

Hope your little guy doesn't get much worse. What he has can really get you down. :(

SuperMom said...

GO BIG KAHUNA!!!! Does that make you Gidget? ;-)

So sorry to hear about the little guy. Hopefully the antibiotics will help him feel better quickly. Poor Baby!

Hope you enjoy your movie and "alone time"...between hacks.

heather said...

uh-oh :/ E had pnuemonia in january, and his has been feeling like yours for the past few days! hope C feels better soon, poor kiddos. we have a set a new record here, "The 72-hour Tantrum." hooray for sick kids!!

LiteratureLover said...

Ohhh, I'm sorry that other sweeties are sick too. I hope everyone gets well quick!

heartsjoy said...

poor babies. I'm hope they gets better soon.

heartsjoy said...

12 loads!! THat's awesome, washed dryed AND put away!!! Give him some praise!! ;)WHat a guy. He also put up with a sister for days...sweet man!

heartsjoy said...

Did I really say "I hope they "Gets" better soon" Oh boy...typing error I promise.