Thursday, March 16, 2006

Spring Break

We've had Spring Break this week with my sister and her kids. It has been SO MUCH FUN!! We've played at the park, adopted new friends at Build-a-Bear, acquired new clothes at a thrift store, stayed up late, slept in, practiced and put on a "show" at our very own skate rink (backyard patio), had a Moms-Only night out on the town while Hubby watched the kids, and shared the joy of watching Bride and Prejudice AND Pride and Prejudice. (Yes, those are both new movies out this year and since I LOVE Jane Austin, we had to watch them both.) I am very sad that my sister's leaving to go visit my parents but I guess they deserve their turn too. ;)

One very valuable lesson that I learned this week: You can lay out breakfast the night before and not have to get up to feed everyone. It's very handy for sleeping in.

If you're wondering how we did that, here's the (not sugar-free) list:
  • Monday morning: Krispy Kreme Donuts, individual Capri-sun juices
  • Tuesday morning: Pinch me cake (made ahead and sat covered on a cake plate) with little fruit bowls that were pre-cut and Saran-wrapped in the fridge.
  • Wednesday morning: Banana bread (sliced and in a large baggie in the middle of the table) and cereal boxes set out with non-breakable bowls at each place (milk in cups in the fridge, ready for pouring if needed).
  • Thursday morning: Bagels (on the table in bag) and cream cheese (in the fridge) with granola bars handy in a bowl for the picking (in case someone didn't want a bagel).
My next idea is to try slow-cooking oatmeal or eggs in the crock pot for a hot breakfast in the morning without having to wake with the dawn.

P.S. I am not sure what is with the weird font and sizes. I've tried to correct it over and over but I can't seem to get it to post right. Oh well, it adds a certain new flavor to the blog, don't you think?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Great breakfast ideas! I like your font excitement. It says that you are a woman who likes variety in her life, and doesn't mind raising her voice. I could see that about you! :-)

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Good ideas for when my sister comes in July with her crew. I think I'll print them out...

SuperMom said...

About the font...I thought you were yelling at us. THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A GREAT BREAKFAST WITHOUT GETTING UP!!!!!!!! At least I know now you weren't :-) I have to chuckle about that one.

You are a whiz! Let me know how the crockpot breakfast turns out!

heartsjoy said...

You rock sis! It was such a fun week! Thanks so much for hosting us and loving us like that!