Thursday, March 02, 2006

Holding Out for a Hero

You know that song, Holding Out For A Hero by Bonnie Tyler? The one that says, "I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero till the end of night, He's got to be strong, He's got to be fast and He's got to be fresh from the fight". (For you young'uns, it was the song on Shrek2 when he comes back to save his lady) Well, that was my song last night and boy did my hero come flying in! Hubby came home (must have had that super-hero costume on underneath his clothes) whisked the kiddos outside for some skating and baseball. The kids came running into the house saying Daddy was taking them to the park near our house. I cringed. They all needed baths and LOST was coming on in an hour. I explained my dilemma to him. He smiled and said, "Don't worry, you can watch your show. I'll take care of the kids." Sigh. See why I love this man?!

So he gave me an hour of silence BEFORE my show and then let me have uninterrupted T.V. time. I did laundry, cleaned out drawers, cabinets and such. Getting so much accomplished and having some time to de-grump lifted my spirits. I finished my day by reading in bed and fell into much-needed sleep. I awoke this morning refreshed. But two fights, five whines, and eight interruptions later I'm beginning to wonder if I'll need that hero again.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a guy! Truly a super-hero. A friend was recently confessing how attractive she was finding some of the Olympians in the curling event. I said what I find the most attractive about them is that they are holding brooms! Nothing sexier than a man saying, "Let me do that, honey -- you just go put your feet up!"

heartsjoy said...

Laughing...Sarah, I agree! I had never seen that event before this year when my husband showed it to me. I got pretty tickled but at home it is truly heroic! Sis, I am still singing that song. da da da hero till the end of the night...I am So glad your hero came running...kudos to him!!! I will continue to pray for you. (I loved your ending...had me laughing again)

LiteratureLover said...

I've still got that song on my mind too. "Doo-doo-doo-doo, Ahhhh, Ahhhh, Where have all the good men gone..."