Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Little Happies!

Just a few little happies that have come my way lately:

1. Just when I was having my Homeschool -Mom-Monthly-Meltdown about whether or not my kids were learning ANYTHING, my eldest daughter popped her head into my doorway and asked, "Do you know where the Mozart c.d. is?" She knows that's Mozart?! Handel began singing in my head Haaaaaaaalleluia, Haaaaaalleluia, Halleluia, Halleluia, Halleeeeeluuuia!

2. The other day my kids asked Hubby about moving to a new house. He answered, "The way our house has been looking lately, I don't know if I want to move." Again, Handel began singing in the background and my smile went ear to ear. Could you say that again, Honey? I'm not sure I heard that right the first time.

3. My sister is coming to visit next week! Girls just wanna have fu-un, Ohhh, girls just wanna have fun.

4. I gave five boxes, and three trash bags of "stuff" to Salvation Army. And I've scheduled them for pick-ups for the next three weeks to motivate myself to keep de-cluttering and getting rid of things I'm not using. I feel lighter! I can Fly, I can Fly, I can Fly!

5. Chocolate eggs. I ran an errand last night to Drug Mart and wouldn't you know it? Their Dove chocolate eggs were on sale. I bought a package and enjoyed a few tonight. Mmmmm. Sorry, but I can't think of a song for this one.

Note: In my comments, Michelle came up with the perfect song for this: Oompah-Loompah, Doopa-dee-doo... I just had to add it!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't think of a song for chocolate eggs, either! :-) But great comments from your family! Showers of blessing!

ste-pha-nie said...

Oh, those Dove eggs are dangerous! I don't know how you managed to eat just a few :) And I agree about the lightening of the junk loads around the house. We have a pile ready to go as well, but first we'll try to sell some of it in a garage sale. Oh, and the sister visit and the girl fun - - don't have a sister but I have a best friend and we're heading off on a first ever "just-us-two-mommy-friends" vacation in April. Oh, joy!
Can't comment about the Homeschool-mom-meltdown as I am a stay-at-work mom, but I can relate to the kids learning when I didn't think they were. The other day my 10-year old played the first part of Mozarts Symphony No. 40 on his guitar!
Thanks for stopping by my illustration blog, and commenting. Of course you can link to it!
I've bookmarked you too now, and will stop by again.

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I've got your song-- "Oompah-Loompah, Doopa-dee-doo..."

LiteratureLover said...

Sarah - It was a blessing indeed!

Stephanie - Those Dove eggs ARE dangerous. I've put them up high so I have to work to get to them! L A vacation with just your friend and you WITHOUT kids? How fun!

TOFTG - You pegged it! That is the PERFECT song for my chocolate eggs. I'm adding that one!

Sarah said...

Lit. Lover -- link away (to my blog!) I would be honored!

SuperMom said...

Hmmmm...chocolate eggs. Sorry, I can't remember what I was going to write now. Chocolate...yummmmm...good...tasty...chocolate...