Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Big Treat!

Tonight I was able to get away from Mommyhood for an evening and enjoy the company of my good friend. We were Christmas shopping for her kids when low and behold we spotted a Galandriel Barbie Collector's Doll from Lord of the Rings. For those of you not completely smitten with the Lord of the Rings, Galandriel is a beautiful elf queen that is pivitol to the story. (I admitted it already, I'm a sucker for stories) ANYWAY, I picked this doll up longingly and searched for a price. I didn't find one and thinking it would be quite expensive, I started to put it back. My friend, seeing how googly I was about it, suggested that we just see how much it was and tossed it back into the cart. Okay. What could it hurt? I knew I wouldn't buy it anyway.

We finally found a price checker thingy and checked it. When the price appeared we both thought it must be a mistake. I tried it again. No mistake. It was not $40. It was not $30. It was not $20. It was not $10. It was not even $5.00. It was $.98!!!!!! I am NOT kidding.

I did a happy jig in the middle of Toys-R-Us even though I knew it was too good to be true. But low and behold, when I checked out, it was in fact, $.98! I know I am a crazed little girl inside a women's body but I was so excited that I almost cried.

Isn't God good? I know it's silly to be so happy about a doll but I can't help it. She's beautiful. She's got gorgeous long, curly blond hair and she's dressed in a beautiful white robe. Symbolic? I'd like to think so.




3 comments:

heartsjoy said...

NO WAY!! THat is amazing!! I am so glad God gave you such a treat!! And to think, you almost didn't check! That is awesome!

janiners said...

that's awesome! What a wonderful treat! I love the treats God gives because they always remind me that He is not only aware of me, but that He is my good Father who enjoys giving me good gifts. Not to mention He always seems to know the little things that will really make my day! :-)

SuperMom said...

He IS good!!!!! He knows how to make us smile in unusual ways. How very thoughtful and sweet that He chose that doll to say He loves you. It's the kind of thing only someone who knows your very heart and soul could do. I am still blown away!!!!