Thursday, December 15, 2005

Why Isn't That Finished Yet?

I just came out of my bathroom dismayed at how little has been accomplished today on that tiny room. I am going to be out of town for a wedding on Saturday and the party is on Sunday. Time is a ticking! I thought I would have the bathrooms finished by now. Why haven't I? What HAVE I been doing?

Well, let's see...there was that part where I was teaching my children how to read, write, spell, do math, fold laundry then PUT IT AWAY, sweep, mop, unload diswasher, tidy bedroom, tidy front rooms and the entryway too . Uh-huh. After the schoolwork and chores were done they were hungry again. What? Didn't I feed you at breakfast? Had to fix that lunch thing.

After that, we were scurrying around to get cute and Christmasy for a Christmas party at the nursing home where Papaw is. Couldn't find shoes, hair needed combing, something sticky on Little Mister's head, yada yada... got it off, try to find tights withOUT holes and finally we are ready. Race to meet Grandma for the party. Get lost. Turn around. Finally arrive. Hurry to program. Enjoy seeing Santa. Children receive presents. Eat cookies with Papaw. Visit for awhile. Say goodbye. Get back into the car. Come home.

Hungry again? Good grief! Didn't you just have cookies?! Fix dinner. Daddy came home. Try to talk to sister on the phone while cooking dinner. Eat. Clean. Check email. Long to blog but decide to wait until later. Need to take turkey to friends. Meeting them at place in town tonight because they live so far out. Have kids put pajamas on because Daddy's home to tuck them in. Daddy gets called in to work. Make kids put clothes on again. Run turkey to friends. Wait while they finish their karate class. Remember we have no toilet paper (and I mean not even a square). Stop at store to get toilet paper. Grab a movie for kids but not sure when they're going to watch it.

Come home and make kids put pajamas back on. Tuck everyone in. Pick up rooms. Sit down to check blogs and decide to write one. Finish blog so I can clean bathrooms. Or maybe that will wait until tomorrow...


5 comments:

SuperMom said...

LOL!!! I'm out of breath just reading it!! You are the Queen of Multitasking! I bow down in unworthiness! Something sticky in Little Mister's head?! I don't even want to know.

LiteratureLover said...

Supermom, I'm NOT the queen of multi-tasking or all this stuff would be done. I'm more like a servant to it! :-)

Dad, you're right. Sometimes it would be nice to go back to just being the kid!

heartsjoy said...

Lol! Sis, you are SO funny. No wonder you don't have time to talk! WHew, I'm with supermom, I'm tired just reading the list! YOu know, maybe that is what we need to do daily to recount what really happened. So many times I'm wondering but reading your list I am encouraged! THank!
oh yea, Dad, when could we revert and come home to be pampered. :)

heartsjoy said...

p.s.tell annoyed princess we are ready for a new blog!:)

janiners said...

I'm with both supermom and heartsjoy in the out-of-control busyness of your day! i would be insane!

I bow in true unworthiness to all the mommies of two or more kiddos who still (in my humble opinion) manage to accomplish WAY more than I could ever imagine in one day. My job just loses all significance when placed next to ya'lls. :-)
:-)

You three mommies are my heroines. :-) I know you're not perfect in every way all the time (if you were, I would have absolutely no hope!), but you're everything I hope I will be someday with my own kids, including the humor and light-heartedness that I'm still working on.

hang in there, literaturelover. God has certainly given you patience, strength, and multitasking ability to even think of tackling all the things you listed. :-)