Thursday, December 22, 2005

Ironic

On Monday when I took Little Mister to a check-up with the doctor, my two daughters were being very worried about getting germs. Now, for those of you who know me you know I'm a bit of a germaphobe myself. But I've never gone this far. My eldest, Little Miss, wore her gloves inside the entire time so that she would not chance touching any germs. Even though I insisted she could wash her hands, she would not take them off. Then both girls decided they did not want to sit on any chair in the doctor's office since they could get germs that way. I tried to explain that it didn't make much difference whether they stood or sat but neither of them could be swayed. They stood for the entire visit to the doctor (and you know how long that can take). I will have to say that it really made me rethink my germaphobia. Has my influence done this? Maybe, I've talked about it a little too much, ya think?

I talked to them about it when we got home and that they were taking things too far to an unrealistic level. Afterwards, Little Miss said, "Yeah, but I'm going to laugh when you get sick and we don't." To which I said, "It would be even funnier if you girls got sick and we didn't".

Well, guess what?... Little Lady was sick yesterday and Little Miss is sick today. I know that I will probably get it too in the next few days but that's beside the point. The point is:

Isn't it Ironic?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a more serious note, I've been feeling convicted of late at how much time I have been spending on the computer blogging and checking blogs. So, I'm going to slow it down. I'm limiting my computer use. Just letting you know that my blogs will not be as frequent nor my comments.

I am a person with an addictive nature. I seem to get on a kick and let it consume me. Trying to stop that.

If only I could be addicted to cleaning...

2 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

How could I forget? Yuck! What a week...

SuperMom said...

Addicted to cleaning...I love it!! We need to start a support group - Bloggers Anonymous. I, too, have had to be careful. Sometimes I just turn the computer off so I won't be tempted to get back on.

I hope the sickness doesn't make the rounds. Wouldn't that make for a fun holiday?

Love you, Sweetie. Have a very Merry Christmas!!!