Friday, December 16, 2005

Update on the Bathroom

I know that you are all breathlessly waiting to see if I was able to finish my list today. Well, not exactly but I will say that the bathrooms are almost finished!!!!! That is a big crossing off the list.

My day didn't go exactly as planned but I was able to get most of my agenda complete. There are still leaves on the porch (yes, it's still bugging me Supermom) but I'm hoping to pass that job onto hubby while I'm gone to the wedding tomorrow.


My Incomplete Day

Started out late
Now we're behind
Cereal again for breakfast
Hope they don't mind.

Signed onto Ebay
To check on a gift.
Waiting till the last.
Gotta be swift!

Kids drag their feet
So I crack the whip for chores.
Dusted, swept and windexed
Lastly, mopped the floors.

Stinky under arms.
Hair all eskew.
Take a shower quick!
Need clean clothes too.

Snuggle on the couch
While they recite lessons to me.
Feeling a bit of pressure
To hur-ry!

Start a load of laundry.
Hope I don't forget
To change it out before
They're mildewy and wet.

Instruct my kids to help me
Race to the store.
"Because we have to hurry
That's what for!"

Have three kids of my own
Now add two more.
They play outside
Tramping leaves through the door.

Giveaway off the porch.
Load it in the car.
Should I take it on the trip?
Better unload it once more.

Clean the counters in the bathroom.
The bathtub, sink and toilet too.
Mop the grime around the bottom.
All I can say is ewww!

My house begins to sparkle
Feeling rather light.
Everyone get ready
for Hideaway Pizza tonight.

3 comments:

heartsjoy said...

clapping, "Bravo! Nicely done!" I love the poem! Too cute! You have inspired!

SuperMom said...

Way to go!! I will wear my white gloves when I come over Sunday to make sure it passes inspection.

Your poem moved me...to get off my rear and clean the bathroom!!

LiteratureLover said...

Thanks for the support. No white gloves allowed!