Monday, December 19, 2005

Love Actually

I am so excited! I won a Love Actually c.d. on Ebay and it arrived today. Can I just say I LOVE that soundtrack? Especially the song, All I Want For Christmas and it's the exact arrangement with the little girl! I have been JAMMIN' to it all afternoon. Man, I can get stuff done when there is good music going. I was dancing so crazy that at one point my eldest daughter closed all the blinds afraid that the neighbors might see me.

To which I, of course, started dancing even crazier! I love to be onery. I learned from the master (thanks Dad)!

We had 53 people in our house last night for a Christmas party. It was packed! Wall to wall people. It was so fun and a nice diversion from the trying morning that we'd had. But I will have to say that this morning I was quite tuckered out. So I decided it would be Teacher Recouperation Day. NO school. Instead, we had a leisurely morning of playing games (Little Miss won a 4-Game game board last night at the party). Then we made sugar cookies. I bought them each their own package of sugar cookie dough. I don't care that they're not homeade. The kids LOVED having a whole package!

We went to the doctor to make sure everything was okay with Little Mister and it was. He is doing much better, just a bit congested and coughing some. The kids are watching The Grinch with Daddy now so I better go check on dinner. These are the kinds of days that I Love Actually. ;)

3 comments:

heartsjoy said...

What a terrific day!! Sounds to me like great quality family time! I got tickled at your crazy dancing and more crazy dancing. I could hear the music and picture the dancing...funny.

LiteratureLover said...

I know. I wanted Dad to drop me off for school a block away. But he would pull right up to the front and wave furiously. I was horrified. But now it seems kind of fun to be the one embarassing. L

Wow! Mrs. Hospitality, huh? I'll take that as a high compliment coming from you! Wildly enough, it was NOT 100% attendence. Sure, I'd host Christmas dinners if you're ready to let me. ;)

janiners said...

i loved the picture of you dancing and the oneriness. i remember you and your sis in Vegas and you gals sure know how to move and shake it! :-):-) too cute!

it sounds like it was a really fun day! I can't wait to be free of work for Christmas tomorrow afternoon! :-)