Saturday, December 10, 2005

I've Seen It!

I have seen it! (Yes, I've seen the light but that's not what I'm talking about.) I've seen the movie The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

I will have to say that yesterday dragged it's feet until evening! However, I survived. We were at the theater by 6:00 p.m. (the movie didn't start until 7:00p.m.). We had to weave ourselves through the zig-zag line and wait. There was only one person in front of us and we watched the snake line grow as we waited. When we were finally seated we could hardly contain ourselves. Thankfully the previews were good. Our church family surrounded us and filled one long row. That added to the excitement. The movie was great! Of course, it will never be as good as the book. But I think they came really close. It's hard to compete with imagination. :-)

The actors and actresses were amazing. You felt Peter's struggle, Susan's fear,
Edmond's pain, and Lucy's love. The White Witch made you throughly hate her. For those of you who haven't seen the movie yet, I won't ruin it for you, but look at what is around her neck in the battle scene. Grrrrrr!

For me, the movie lived up to it's expectation. Now I can enter into everyday life again renewed and refreshed. I love making my own analogies throughout my day. I want to be like Lucy but more times than not, I'm like Edmond.

Kyle was talking this morning about the lineage of Christ and how there were so many messed up people in it. I'm thankful for that because it shows there is a place for me in His kingdom. Whew!




2 comments:

heartsjoy said...

Okay, I missed what the witch was wearing in the battle scene. You have to e-mail me and tell me what it was. I am already ready to see it again! I'm glad you guys had fun!

LiteratureLover said...

I'll send you an email. I'm ready to see it again too!