Monday, December 05, 2005

It's Coming...

Okay, I admit it. I am a sucker for stories. When I was in fifth grade I read through the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis for the first time. I devoured them. I have read and re-read these books about five times over the years. The last time was with my children. They have been immersed into Narnia. My son's name is even from one of my favorite characters in the books.

In only four short days ( I quiver as I think about it) the movie opens. I am going to see it with my husband, eldest daughter and church family. I cannot wait!!!!!

Ode to Narnia

Between the wooden walls you stand.
Admist the frosty air and land.
Showing the compassion of a fawn
Refusing to be the witch's pawn.

A young girl with faith that's sure.
Aslan's death the traitor's heart will cure.
The horrors she'll witness will only entice
His love will prevail and destroy the ice.

The four crowns will wait at Cair Paravail
Fierce and strong He will prevail.
Through the battles they will fight
But Aslan is their only might.

Like ours, Edmond's heart is full of pain.
Embrace the love, release the shame.
He is not safe, but He is good.
(I'd jump into the story if I could.)

The End






2 comments:

janiners said...

that's cute! i love your ode to Narnia! i can really tell you are captivated by these stories. i think I have just enjoyed reading and re-reading them and talking about them with people. i can't wait to see it with everyone I love, too! i feel so grateful that the childlike spirit within me is not dead and that I can enjoy imagination. :-)

heartsjoy said...

Adorable!! Love the ode to Narnia. My kids are counting down...4days to go!